The GREAT Machine House Bake Off
Sunday February 23, 2020
*UPDATE* – Due to the situation with COVID-19 in our community, the Machine House Bake Off is suspended until further notice. Though our taproom remains open currently, we think it best to hold off on these events until the risk has cleared.
We hope to continue our series as soon as we are able to feel comfortable hosting the events! Plenty of time for you all to practice your bakes at home before we get started again!
Join us every last Sunday of the month at the brewery in Georgetown at 5:30pm for the Great Machine House Bake Off, a mildly competitive potluck showcasing the baking talents of MHB patrons. A new theme will be presented each month varying from cakes and cookies, to bread and doughnuts. Entries will now be judged by a panel of guest celebrity judges from the local food and beer scene, in addition to our People’s Choice vote!
At the end of the 6 months a GREAT MACHINE HOUSE BAKE OFF CHAMPION will be named based on the points gathered throughout the year. The champion will receive a $100 gift card, trophy, and a custom GREAT MACHINE HOUSE BAKE OFF CHAMPION apron! Participants can choose to join in the fun for a single event or all for a greater chance to win the grand prize.
Bring your Baking GAME!
• Now open to all ages
• Participants must bring their creations to the brewery by 5:30pm on the last Sunday of the month.
• For the People’s Choice vote, participants and Patrons will receive one token to vote with every drink they purchase. (Participants may only vote for their own creation once)
• Participants must provide a list of ingredients with possible allergens.
• Votes will be counted at 7pm, and guest judges will reveal their top picks. Prizes will be awarded for both Judges picks and People’s choice.
• The 5 participants with the most tokens will be awarded the following points and be entered to be crowned the GREAT MACHINE HOUSE BAKE OFF CHAMPION!
o 1st Place: 10 points
o 2nd Place: 8 points
o 3rd Place: 6 points
o 4th Place: 4 points
o 5th Place: 2 points
o Everyone Else: 1 point
o Bonus Points: Participants may gain a bonus point for using MHB Beer in their bakes!
o JUDGES CHOICE: 1st Place: 10 Points
o JUDGES CHOICE: 2nd Place: 8 Points
o JUDGES CHOICE: 3rd Place: 6 Points
January 26, 2019 – Cookies
February 23, 2019 – Layer Cakes
March 29, 2019 – Ciabatta *CANCELLED
April 26, 2019- Vegan desserts
May 31, 2019- Swiss Rolls/ Jelly Rolls
June 28, 2019- Doughnuts