Job Vacancy –Brewer
Join a small team brewing and serving cask ales in Seattle.
This position is focused on all aspects of beer production, from wort production and fermentation control to cellar work and packaging. We run on a 7 BBL brew system, with our process involving open fermentation and cask and bottle conditioning for all of our beers.
As part of a small team of just 3 other employees, this position will also require some amount of bartending in our taproom, and performing various other tasks involved in day-to-day business. Versatility between tasks is desirable, as ideally everyone can pitch in throughout different operations in front and back of house. For this position, we are estimating 80-90% production, 10-20% taproom serving (which may vary week by week).
• Some brewing experience: at least 1 year homebrewing or commercial brewery experience. Employees are extensively trained in our methods, so a passion for cask beer and a willingness to learn are most important.
• Ability to work alone with little supervision (once initial training is complete), but also with excellent communication with other members of our small team.
• Ability to complete physical work over several hours, including lifting, repetitive motions, bending and standing for long periods, in both very warm and cold environments.
• Some customer service or bartending experience preferred
• Experience or knowledge of English-style cask beer preferred
• Competitive hourly wage, DOE
• PTO, Sick pay
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com